News: Focused on the needs of newspapers
Targeted News Service can help your editorial team deliver localized news. The federal government, and related trade associations, public policy groups and political organizations, on a regular basis creates vast amounts of information relevant to your readers. Now, you have an easy way to find out what they're saying with one click. Our newspaper services include the delivery of edited journalism covering specific topics that will help you deliver news featuring local or state activities. All of this material is edited journalism written in AP style and the deliveries are customized to the needs and demands of your newspaper. For a complete summary of all
- Supplemental edited journalism Targeted News Service NewsWire coverage of government and government-related information pertinent to your state or location.
- Daily (2 p.m.), and weekly (Thursday, 2:30 p.m.), federal contract award news briefs available by state and locality
- Daily (2 p.m.), and weekly, federal solicitation opportunities available by state and topic (specialized services available now; general services in fall, 2009)
- Weekly news briefs on U.S. House and U.S. Senate bill introductions in the U.S. Congress by state.
- Daily news briefs covering government announcements of federal grant opportunities relevant to your news interests
- Daily news briefs covering Government Accountability Office reports and statements
- Daily news briefs covering environmental impact statements, by state
- Daily news briefs covering contract bid protests filed or decided by companies, by state
- Daily news covering Native American issues, including regulations, events, news
- Daily news briefs covering Obama administration nominations and Senate confirmations, by state
- Weekly congressional voting summaries showing how your U.S. House and U.S. Senate members voted
In addition to the Targeted News Service newswire, all newspapers can receive keyword access to TNS NewsFocus summaries of government and government-oriented news releases containing information relevant to your coverage-area communities or state drawing on exclusive information collected from more than 14,500 gathering points. This unparalleled access to government information is not available through other major search engines in a manner that is focused specifically on your news needs.
News: Focused on the needs of reporters and editors
Targeted News Service can help your cover your beat. You're under constant pressure to be competitive and not miss a relevant story, and to find news that would affect your readers. Our government and government-related news release materials can serve as story leads that you can localize. These are news releases pertinent to what you do - you give us the topics, we feed you a daily list of what the federal government, and related trade associations, public policy groups and political organizations are doing on that topic. While yu may be plugged into the major sources, the government and other related organizations, are deep in information that is relevant.
- Federal contract awards to companies in your circulation area, or state.
- Federal bill introductions by members of the U.S. House or Senate that are in your circulation area
- Federal grant opportunities that may be relevant to educational institutions and other groups in your circulation area
- GAO reports, environmental impact statements and contracting opportunities linked to your state or topic areas
- Through keyword access, we can deliver any mention of your state or topic or the communities you cover to you at 8 a.m. every day (EST). This unparalleled "tipoff" service gives you a beginning of the day alert to what may be a good story. All for the price of a fast-food lunch.
News: Focused on the needs of news web sites
What we produce for print can also be delivered to you for your web site. We can produce the materials in the traditional manner - delivered to you by e-mail - or we can customize it so it is delivered to your web site in the style and manner you are used to displaying. All materials found under other services tabs on this site are available for use on news web sites.
News: Focused on the extending your reach
We'd like to have your news releases! If you are a for-profit business that regularly issues news releases and wants to extend its reach into the Internet, we can help you. Please contact us for more information about repurposing your news to a wider audience for $39 per document.